105 West Adams Street, 35th Floor Chicago, IL 60603
(312) 238-9063 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lydia counsels and represents clients in all stages leading up to and throughout litigation. Lydia works closely with her clients to create a cost-effective approach to each matter, and is known for her open communication and attention to client needs in each representation. She represents individuals, receivers, bankruptcy trustees, and businesses in cases that include professional liability, contract, employment, civil rights, and fraudulent transfer claims. Lydia trained as a mediator with the Center for Conflict Resolution and spent five years working as a social worker prior to law school. She is a member of the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, and was named an Illinois “Super Lawyer” in the area of General Litigation in 2015 and 2016.
- Lydia conducts professional liability investigations for the receiver of insolvent financial institutions located around the country. She has assisted the receiver in obtaining numerous pre-filing settlements from directors and officers (and their insurers), and has represented the receiver in four federal suits against directors and officers, all of which have been favorably settled.
- Lydia represented the trustee of a liquidating trust, which was assigned claims of a bankrupt manufacturer and its creditors. She litigated fraudulent transfer claims in Illinois state court against former directors and officers of the company’s predecessor, who had structured a leveraged buy-out of their company and unjustly benefited as shareholders in the transaction. In a mediation with the defendants and their insurer, the trustee obtained a substantial and favorable settlement of her claims.
- Lydia represented a general contractor in a mechanic’s lien action against a developer. After a bench trial, the court found for Lydia’s client, holding that the developer was unjustly enriched by the general contractor’s work and dismissing the developer’s $500,000 in counterclaims as unsupported.
- Lydia led the trial team representing eleven individuals alongside the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in a racial harassment and retaliation case, achieving a multi-million dollar settlement and ongoing injunctive relief in the final weeks before trial.
- State Bar of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Awards & Boards
- Named Illinois "Super Lawyer" in general litigation (2015-2016)
- Women Employed Board Member, Secretary, and Co-Chair of Quality Jobs Council
- Robinson Curley & Clayton, P.C. - Shareholder (2015-2016); Partner (2011-2015); Associate (2006-2011)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit - Staff Attorney (2003-2006)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois - Law Clerk to the Honorable James B. Moran (2001-2003)
Loyola University of Chicago School of Law
Chicago, Illinois - Juris Doctor, 2001
Graduated magna cum laude
Ithaca, New York - Bachelor of Arts, 1993
Graduated summa cum laude with distinction in all subjects