105 West Adams Street, 35th Floor Chicago, IL 60603
(312) 238-9063 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lydia counsels and represents clients in all stages leading up to and throughout litigation. Lydia works closely with her clients to create a cost-effective approach to each matter and is known for her open communication and attention to client needs. She represents businesses, receivers, and trustees, in cases that include employment, contract, professional liability, and business tort claims. Lydia is a member of the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar and was named an Illinois “Super Lawyer” in the area of General Litigation for 2015-2018.
Lydia advises employers regarding legal issues in personnel actions from hiring through termination of employment, and has successfully negotiated, settled, and litigated claims of discrimination and retaliation brought by employees and former employees.
Lydia conducts professional liability investigations for the receiver of insolvent financial institutions located around the country. She has assisted the receiver in obtaining numerous pre-filing settlements and has successfully represented the receiver in federal suits against former service providers and former insiders of the institutions.
Lydia represents business clients and receivers in contract, tort, and vendor disputes, including in arbitration and court proceedings, and has won cases on behalf of clients after jury and bench trials.
Lydia represented the trustee of a liquidating trust, litigating fraudulent transfer claims in Illinois state court arising from a leveraged buy-out and obtaining a substantial and favorable settlement of the trustee’s claims.
Lydia led the trial team representing eleven individuals alongside the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in a racial harassment and retaliation case, achieving a multi-million-dollar settlement and ongoing injunctive relief.
- State Bar of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Awards & Boards
- Named Illinois "Super Lawyer" in general litigation (2015-2018)
- Women Employed Board Member, Secretary, and Co-Chair of the Quality Jobs Council
- National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms Member, Co-chair of the Law Firm Cross-Marketing Committee, and Co-Chair of the Marketing Subcommittee of the Labor & Employment Practice Area Committee
- Member of the American Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, and Chicago Bar Association
- Robinson Curley & Clayton, P.C. - Shareholder (2015-2016); Partner (2011-2015); Associate (2006-2011)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit - Staff Attorney (2003-2006)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois - Law Clerk to the Honorable James B. Moran (2001-2003)
Loyola University of Chicago School of Law
Chicago, Illinois - Juris Doctor, 2001
Graduated magna cum laude
Ithaca, New York - Bachelor of Arts, 1993
Graduated summa cum laude with distinction in all subjects